Thursday, July 5, 2012

Panic Mode!

I have become addicted to pinterest. In my addiction this summer, I found (or think I have) a solution to my problems. Problem number 1 Not enough time to do EVERYTHING I want to do in my ELA block. Problem number 2 Beginning the Common Core Standards this year.......Really what we are doing is teaching the "Common" standards between the common core and our own standards. (Might as well go straight to the common core then-- they are only going to be tested on the common standards..." Problem number 3 I have got to find a way to get my interventions in for my RTI students. So when I came across the Daily Five and the CAFE invite for a book study-- and a ton of Pinterest pins for this strategy of teaching.... I knew I had to be in on it.
So I went to the book store and ordered the books. I have been all excited about getting these books. As I looked at the schedule for the book study I discovered that the study would begin on July 1st. I hoped that the books would be to my house on time. July 1st came. No books. 1st assignment. Not done. July 4th. Second assignment. Not done. UUG! How can I do my homework if I don't have the books? I thought about down loading them on my Kindle fire-- But I want the books where I can turn the pages, where I can write in them if I so desire, so I can carry them to and from school...... virtual books just miss something sometimes.
Being that today is the fifth-- I am hoping my books come in today so I can get caught up. But a thought just hit me. My summer is almost over-- and I am about to panic. Next week I really need to get busy and start getting my workstations together that I am going to use for the Daily 5! (uhhhh.... yeah I know... I need the book....) thank goodness for some of the blogs and pinterest that will point me in the right direction to see what I need to do to set this up. Next week is the drawing the end of my summer!!! You are probably thinking I am nuts-- but at the end of next week I will be going to the beach-- (that in itself isn't really isn't a vacation when you are a mom of three, and will also be sharing the condo with your sister- in-law who has two very rowdy boys.....my two boys are a little older and normally pretty calm-- until they get together with hers-- and then the added drama of the only girl in the family who is 6 ....) When I come home from the beach -- I will have mentor training and then Literacy by Design training.... and then --Oh my goodness it will already be the second week of August!! Will I have enough time to set my room up? I changed rooms so everything is boxed up and stacked halfway to the ceiling in the back of the room. We all know you don't get to work in your room on those teacher work days when school starts. If I could I would go up to the school today and start unpacking-- to bad the floors are being waxed. It is July 5th-- and here I am having a melt down about not being ready for the first day of school. My husband just shakes his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment